of the 8th International Maritime Defence Show
The eighth International Maritime Defence Show (IMDS-2017) will be held from 28 June to 2 July of 2017 in St. Petersburg (Lenexpo Exhibition Complex – Sea Terminal Complex) under the Russian Federation Government's order ¹ 1140-ð of 19 June 2015.
The organizer of IMDS-2017 is the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation. The Show is held with the cooperation of the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, the Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation, the Government of Saint-Petersburg and Rosoboronexport JSC. The Exhibition Operator is Morskoy Salon Co. Ltd.
The Organizing Committee of IMDS-2017 is headed by Deputy Chairman of the Russian Federation Government Dmitry Rogozin.
The Show’s format enables to unite in the same exhibition area:
- exposition of product samples presented by enterprises;
- demonstration of armaments and naval equipment;
- conferences, seminars, round tables, presentations;
- visit to military-industrial enterprises and VIP negotiations.
The Exhibits profile includes: naval and commercial shipbuilding, armaments and weapons, systems of combat direction, navigation, communication and control, marine power plants, naval aviation, location and fleet supply infrastructure, new materials and promising technologies. Considerable space of exposition is occupied by the companies which supply marine accessory equipment and material, devices and electronic elements, information technologies, consulting, financial and insurance services in the field of design, shipbuilding and armament invention.
The exposition will occupy the pavilions of Lenexpo Exhibition Complex with total area more than 17000 sq. m., outdoor areas and water areas of the Finland Gulf and also near the quays of the Sea Terminal.
The official foreign delegations from 53 countries are invited.
Currently there are over 350 companies including 36 foreign ones registered in IMDS-2017.
Among the participants there are the following companies: United Shipbuilding Corporation JSC, Rostec State Corporation, Elektropribor CSRI Concern JSC, AVRORA Concern Scientific and Production Association JSC, Krylov State Research Centre FSUE, Shipbuilding & Shiprepair Technology Center JSC, Almaz Shipbuilding Company PAO, Concern Oceanpribor JSC, Zelenodolsk plant named after A.M. Gorky JSC, Granit-Electron Concern JSC, Tactical Missiles Corporation JSC, Sea Underwater Weapon - Gidropribor Concern OJSC, Air Defense Concern Almaz-Antey JSC, Prometey Central Research Institute of Structural Materials FSUE, Concern Morinformsystem-Agat JSC, NSI bvba (Belgium), ODU GmbH & Co. KG (Germany), Neo Power Electronics & Projects, Pvt. Ltd. (India), Industrie Cometto S.p.A. (Italy), Hiltex Technische Weefsels (Netherlands), DEARSAN SHIPYARD (Turkey) etc.
The demonstration part of the show at the quays of the Sea Terminal and water area will present over 30 ships and boats of the Russian Federation Navy, the Border Guard of the Russian Federal Security Service and of participating companies including:
- YAROSLAV MUDRY guard ship project 11540;
- STOYKIY corvette project 20380;
- ÀLEKSANDR OBUHOV coastal minesweeper project 12700;
- Small missile ship project 21631;
- Air-cushion landing ship project 12322;
- Landing craft project 21820;
- Landing craft project 11770 D-1441;
- MANGUST fast patrol boat project 12150;
- NAKHIMOVETS anti-saboteur boat project 21980;
- Patrol boat project 03160;
- Large hydrographic boat project 19920 BGK-2149;
- Multifunctional modular boat project 23370;
- Tugboat project 02800 MB-96
At the range Rzhevka of the Russian Ministry of Defence eight naval artillery assets and small arms will be demonstrated in its action for official foreign delegations and mass-media representatives.
Traditionally within IMDS-2017 framework the air show of Strizhy, Russkie Vityazi and Russ aerobatic teams is expected.
Scientific and congress events will be held at the exhibition complex area and at the shipbuilding plant Severnaya Verf JSC. There will be about 30 congress and business events including four scientific conferences:
- International conference «Navy and Shipbuilding Nowadays 2017»;
- 18th International conference MORINTECH-PRACTIC «Information Technologies in Shipbuilding-2017;
- International conference «PLM-FORUM IMDS-2017 «Shipbuilding Product Lifecycle Management. Information support»;
- International conference «Simulation and complex modeling in marine engineering and transporting systems».
Traditionally there will be two IMDS-2017 award sailing regattas supported by the sailing union of Saint-Petersburg.
8 (812) 764-66-33